Thursday, April 6, 2017

S. Doyle - The Bride review

WOW! This book was not something I expected and I loved every moment of it! The synopsis sounded like something new and different from what I have been reading and I thought, sure I'll give it a try.  Now, though?  I want to read every book S. Doyle has written! 
So Ellie is an orphan. She's 16.  Living on a ranch in Montana in the middle of nowhere. Her dad and Jake have been her normal.  She's never thought of Jake in a sexual way and he's never thought of her that way either. Jake is a stand-up guy.  Ellie's dad was there for him and he can't stand the thought of Ellie being shipped off to a foster home. He does what he feels is right and good for them.  He marries her.  
As this book flows through their marriage, the reader sees what their lives are like and how much this marriage doesn't change anything for them.  This is their new normal and they don't let it affect them.  Ellie's always been a little weird to kids at her school and she's used to being weird Ellie. Now it's just a little weirder because she has a new title; Mrs. Sometimes she can't keep it from Jake, just how hard life can be.  And life on a ranch changes a young girl. She has new priorities and new things to learn to help keep them afloat. It's now her livelihood. 
Little by little S. Doyle lets the reader see how this change affects them. And I DEVOURED this book and could not put it down. Life is a little different on a ranch and I wanted something to happen with them; I wanted there to be feelings between them. I loved how Ms. Doyle sinks her words into you and brings the reader closer to the characters. I need The Wife, like, yesterday! I can't wait until the next book releases. Yes, I know, there's more books to come but I highly recommend this read! If you'd rather not be a glutton for punishment and want to wait til all books are out before you read, put them on your TBR list! But whatever you do, grab this book! 


**ARC provided for my honest review**



Ellie

So here’s the deal. I’m sixteen and I’m getting married. Super weird, I know.

My dad is a cattle rancher in Montana. Or he was, until he died suddenly, leaving me an orphan (which is still a thing). I’m sixteen months away from being a legal adult, so I have two choices.

Foster home, or married. To Jake Talley. The foreman of the ranch and my best friend.

It’s legal. It solves all my problems. Except now I’m living with Riverbend’s hottest cowboy - my husband (in name only of course) - and I’m still in high school. Trust me, no one wants to date Weird Married Ellie.

But it’s cool. All we have to do is wait it out until I'm eighteen and we'll get a divorce. Then Jake and I will go back to being normal. 

We’ve got this. Right?

Jake

I’m twenty-six, and I never saw this coming. Married. To a kid I’ve known her whole life. But there was no way in hell I was going to let her live at a foster home, instead of at the ranch where she belongs.

Sure we’re married but it’s not real. Just a piece of paper. My girlfriend is furious but I know I’m doing the right thing - for Ellie. For sixteen months, it’s me and her against the world - until the divorce. 

No big deal.

Or is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment